I am trying out some recipes for Thanksgiving. Here is the stuffing we made tonight.
Makes 12 servings
- 14 oz dried stuffing cubes
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 apple, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 bouillon cubes
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Place Craisins and 1 cup water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes. You want the Craisins to plump and hydrate so they don't burn.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add sage, onions, carrots and apples. Cook until onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute, until garlic is fragrant. Add bouillon and water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add Craisins and the water they were plumped in.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to mix well. Put stuffing in prepared baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes. You can remove the foil for the last 10 minutes to get the top crispy.