Tasty and not much guilt. It is all whole grain (if you get corn meal that is not de-germinated) and doesn't have to much added sugar.
High Blueberry Corn Cake (7000 ft)Serves 9
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed and stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray an 8"x 8" glass pan with cooking spray.
- Place all wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until just incorporated. Pour into baking dish. Pour blueberries over the top of the batter. (If you stir them in, they all just sink to the bottom of the pan.) Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.