Saag Paneer In the Crock PotServes 6
- 2 lb frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 can petite diced potatoes
- 3 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/5 cup ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp chile powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsps turmeric
- 2 "Not Beef" Broth cubes (or 1 tbsp salt)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz paneer, cubed
- Place all ingredients except cream in the crockpot. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Cook another 2-3 hours for the flavors to meld.
- Add heavy whipping cream and stir until incorporated. Add paneer and gently stir.
Aloo Chaat (Spiced Indian Potatoes)
- 1 lb russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp amchur (mango powder)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh lemon juice
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Add a splash of lemon juice and stir to mix well.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in 1" chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium eat. Add ginger, salt, cumin, turmeric and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add cauliflower and broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Serve immediately with rice.