Here is a quick and easy recipe that comes out moist and doesn't fall apart like many cornbread recipes.
High Altitude Corn Bread (7000 ft)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray an 8"x 8" glass pan with cooking spray.
- Place all wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until just incorporated. Pour into baking dish and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.