- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup cooked corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup roasted green chile
- 1 prepared pie shell
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated queso fresco (you can find it by the cream cheese in the grocery store)
- 4 tsps all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the cheese. Sprinkle cheese mixture into the pie shell. Add the corn, beans, green chile and onions. Be careful not to get any of the liquid from the pan into the quiche, it will make the crust soggy.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and salt. Whisk until smooth and pour over cheese and veggies.
- Place foil around edge of crust to protect it. Bake for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.