I made Sugar Free Zucchini Bread the other day and it was not quite sweet enough. I think I will try it again with some more ripe bananas some time. In the meantime, here is my second attempt to make a quick bread with no added sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup raisins, divided
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325º. Grease an 8"x8" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small pan, bring apple cider to a boil. Remove from heat, add 1 cup raisins and stir. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Place in blender and puree. Pour pureed raisins into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small pan. Remove from heat and add remaining 1/2 cup raisins. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and cardamom together in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients and to wet mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in zucchini, carrots, walnuts and remaining raisins.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling to room temperature.