I needed something for breakfast today that was hearty, filling made with the very limited ingredients I already had in the kitchen. One must be full of delicious food when heading out to an adventure at a volcano, you know. Here is what I came up with.
Veggie Burger Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 tsps all purpose flour
- 2 Morning Star Veggie Burgers, cooked and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- hot peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the cheese. Sprinkle cheese mixture into the pie shell. Add the corn and onions. Be careful not to get any of the liquid from the pan into the quiche, it will make the crust soggy. Add Veggie Burger chunks.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Whisk until smooth and pour over cheese and veggies. Sprinkle optional hot peppers on top.
- Place foil around edge of crust to protect it.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Garnish with parsley.