Quick and tasty and everything is already in the fridge. Throw it together and enjoy!
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 tsps all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place water and broccoli in a small pan. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add cabbage and onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the cheese. Sprinkle cheese mixture into the pie shell. Add onion mixture. Be careful not to get any of the liquid from the pan into the quiche, it will make the crust soggy.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Whisk until smooth and pour over cheese and veggies. Sprinkle broccoli over the top.
- Place foil around edge of crust to protect it.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. If it looks like it is getting to browned, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.