Roasted Cauliflower Stuffed ZucchiniServes 8
- 8 medium zucchini, scrubbed clean
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano or Parmesan
- 2 cups, finely chopped roasted cauliflower
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsps fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add zucchini and simmer for about 6 minutes. There should only be slight resistance when poked with a fork. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut off the ends and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the centers leaving at least 1/2" thick shell.
- Heat 1/4 oil in pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Mix onions, cheeses, cauliflower, eggs, salt and pepper, and oregano together in a large bowl.
- Divide filling evenly between zucchini shells. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until the filling is golden.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh sage leaves
- 3 lbs small new potatoes (about 1" - 1 1/2" across)
- 4 tbsp minced fresh chives
- Melt butter in a small pan. Once it stops foaming, add minced shallots and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Add sage leaves and cook about one more minute until fragrant. Scrape into the serving bowl and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a pan with 1 1/2 tbsp salt and enough water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat and cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook until just tender, about 10 - 12 minutes. Drain.
- Cut potatoes in half and place in serving bowl with butter, shallots and herbs. Add minced chives and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Serve with Roasted Beet Salad and Crusty Bread.
High Altitude (7000 ft) Oreo Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- whipped cream
- whole Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 325º. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy. Slowly add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until just incorporated. Add orange juice, milk, vanilla and sour cream and beat until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until completely mixed. stir in Oreo pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer poked in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10-15 minutes then remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
- Top with some vanilla frosting and more Oreos.