Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beginner Soapmaking Recipes and Resources

Image Found Here.

After doing a lot of research, I have decided that I would like to try soapmaking. Since I can't do anything until I get home in August, I figured I would compile my lists of resources, recipes and suppliers so I am all set for when I can actually make some soap.

I think I should try both hot and cold process soapmaking. They both use the same tools with the addition of a crockpot for the hot process. I already have one so I might as well try.

Basic Information Resources


Supplies

Essential Oils from Bulk Apothecary
Cheapest Lye from Bulk Apothecary
Oils, Caustics, etc, at great prices from thesoapdish.com

Beginner Soap Recipe

I want to try a basic recipe before I jump in to more complicated waters. 

Assuming all goes well with the beginner recipe, I have chosen a few more recipes to try.

Shampoo



For Brian:



For Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment