I made this up for our dinner tonight.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 8 oz Rotini
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and basil. Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for another 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add brown sugar, stirring well. Remove from heat. Place in blender and carefully puree. Return to pan.
- Start water for pasta. When it comes to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, place broth in a pan. Bring to a simmer. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cover. Cook until tender. Drain leftover broth.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan, to the sauce over low heat. Stir until melted and well mixed.
- Mix pasta, sauce, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir to incorporate. Divide into portions and sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.