I am baking this for our Father's Day Brunch we are hosting tomorrow. Hopefully it is as delicious tasting as it smells.
This is not a high altitude recipe!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray an 8x8 (or 9x5) pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together bananas, vegetable oil, coconut oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, coconut, and pineapple. Fold liquid mixture into flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 (45-50) minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Bake as directed above and allow to cool.
- Slice bread into serving sizes and individually wrap with plastic wrap. Place into gallon freezer bag, label, and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw on countertop for 30 minutes or reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.
Notes for next time:
- Very crumbly, add another egg.
- A bit greasy. maybe use just 1/4 cup coconut oil and no olive oil.