Sunday, June 16, 2013

Exfoliating Salt and Sugar Scrub

Citrus Body Scrub

I have been having some trouble with ingrown hairs on my leg (just the left one) and I am not sure why. One of the most frequently recommended solutions I have found online is to use an exfoliating scrub. This falls nicely in with my new hobby of homemade body care products. I wanted to make something with the ingredients I already have in the house so I chose to make a super basic scrub recipe.

After looking around, I found that there is a general formula to follow for body scrubs.

  • 1 part oil
  • 2 parts abrasive (salt, sugar, oatmeal, etc.)
  • Essential oil

I decided to make my own recipe using the above guidelines.

Unmixed Ingredients

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
  • 20 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil

Instructions

  1. Mix all ingredients together. Place in covered container. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment