- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup very ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins, plumped
- Preheat oven to 325º. Grease an 8"x8" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small pan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat, add raisins and stir. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and cardamom together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, olive oil, mashed bananas and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in zucchini 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling to room temperature.
Notes For Next Time:
- Let the bananas ripen more so the bread is a bit sweeter. They were still yellow with the tiniest brown spots. Wait til they are black.