I had some roasted cauliflower, cabbage and 1/2 zucchini in the fridge that had to get used and I didn't feel like doing to much work for dinner. The result: Cruciferous Quiche! I love quiche because I get a good serving of protein and I stay nice and full after eating them.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 tsps all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, roasted cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add cabbage, onion and zucchini and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the cheese. Sprinkle cheese mixture into the pie shell. Add the zucchini and onions. Be careful not to get any of the liquid from the pan into the quiche, it will make the crust soggy.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Whisk until smooth and pour over cheese and veggies. Sprinkle roasted cauliflower over the top.
- Place foil around edge of crust to protect it.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Garnish with parsley.