For MAcadamia-COCOnut-banaNA bread. It is totally a word. I am making this for the pot luck they are having this evening at the Gemimi Observatory.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups smashed bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray an 8x8 (or 9x5) pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together bananas, vegetable oil, coconut oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, coconut, and pineapple. Fold liquid mixture into flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 (45-50) minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Bake as directed above and allow to cool.
- Slice bread into serving sizes and individually wrap with plastic wrap. Place into gallon freezer bag, label, and place in the fridge for a few hours. Move to freezer once the slices are cold. This will minimize large ice crystals.
- To serve: Thaw on countertop for 30 minutes or reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.