Since we have been in Hawaii, I have become obsessed with coconut. I made this for breakfast this morning. My bread pudding is based loosely on this recipe.
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray an 8x8 pan.
- Cut bread into small pieces and place in baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread. Add sweetened coconut.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bananas, eggs, coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Stir if necessary.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.